The Maresfield Recreation Ground Committee (MRGC) manages the day-to-day aspects of this very busy recreation ground.
Maresfield Recreation Ground ("MRG") was conveyed to Maresfield Parish Council ("MPC") in 1899 and is held by Maresfield Parish Council as a trustee pursuant to trusts set out in the Conveyance of 19th October 1899. MRG is a recreation ground, and the trusts on which Maresfield Parish Council holds it are for the use and enjoyment of the inhabitants of the Parish of Maresfield. An additional piece of land adjacent to that of the original gift was given to MPC on the 7th April 1954 and is also registered with the Charity Commission.
This MRG land was registered with HM Land Registry on 2nd May 2013 (Title No. ESX350964).
On the 14th February 2013, as part of the diamond jubilee celebrations for HM the Queen, under the 'Fields In Trust' project, a Deed of Dedication was signed to give MRG additional protection by the National Playing Fields Association; this is also incorporated into the HMLR registration.
On the 26th September 2013 a Deed of Easement was signed with the owners of Park Farm Track granting rights of access to the Track for MRG users.